I am a huge fan of beetroots and this simple dip and has totally won me over.
Mainly because of its simplicity and how quick and easy it is to make – it literally only takes 2 minutes to prepare and is an absolutely delicious dip! It’s smooth, creamy, fresh and velvety and is a lighter version of the traditional ‘beetroot hummus’ (no chickpeas here).
Get some beetroots, yogurt and spices and blend them all in a food processor until creamy and Voila! Beetroot dip ready to be served.
If you want an even more flavoursome alternative try slightly roasting the beets in the oven with olive oil and garlic (for perhaps 20 mins) before processing them. Then add the rest of the ingredients according to taste and serve with some rice crackers or pitta bread – Just divine!
Once refrigerated it will keep fresh for 3 days and is a perfectly healthy afternoon snack.Enjoy!
- 1/2 small beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- lemon juice, to taste
- 100g plain soy yoghurt
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- rice cakes, or rice crackers or pitta bread
- celery stalks
- Place the beetroot, cumin, coriander, lemon juice, yoghurt, salt and pepper and mix well in a blender.
- Serve immediately and enjoy as a perfect afternoon snack.