Yes, that’s right.
This breakfast is ready in pretty much 60 to 80 seconds.
Therefore, no more excuses! No more skipping the most important meal of the day: Breakfast!
Besides being an absolute delish, this brekkie, is also packed with fibre, plant-based protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
And how can your day go wrong when you start with a breakfast like this?
and just soooo yummy!
I know this kind of breakfast is commonly made with oats. However, quinoa flakes work so much better in so many ways.
Why is Quinoa the perfect breakfast option?
- Firstly, quinoa is the ultimate breakfast ingredient because it’s a complex carbohydrate, which means that it takes your body longer to digest it, giving you more energy, keeping your blood sugar levels more stable avoiding that “mid-morning crash”.
- Secondly, it will keep you full for the whole morning. It is true! I cannot lie. You will literally be full the whole morning. No more snacking every 5 minutes until lunch. Trust me: It’s unbelievably satiating!
- Thirdly, it’s so extremely creamy, delicious, sweet and nourishing.
- Fourthly, who doesn’t like a breakfast that looks amazing? Come on…Look at these bright, vibrant colours from the blueberries… Just “Wow”, right?
Oh. One more reason to absolutely love this pudd:
- It is absolutely gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan and deliciously addictive.
Ooops…and just one more great thing about it:
- You can adjust the ingredients and prepare a few pudds in advance by soaking them overnight. I usually make two or three portions and in the morning is just a matter of throwing everything into a pot, stir and serve.
Yes, It’s that easy! Trust me. Breakfast ready for at least 3 days. And all in 1 minute! Yay!
No need to thank me.. . 😉
This is my latest “totally unnegotiable” 1 minute morning obsession. What is yours?
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon nut/seed butter
- 1/2 cup (ideally frozen) blueberries
- 1/2 scoop pea protein (or any other protein powder of your choice), optional
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Sweetener of choice (like maple syrup, vanilla extract, etc ), optional
- Fresh blueberries
- Flaked almonds
- Add all ingredients into a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook until thickened, between 50 – 90 seconds.
- Serve immediately with your favourite toppings or with the above suggested ones.
- Alternatively, you can prepare de mixture and leave it soaking overnight for an even creamier texture in the morning.