How to fight depression and anxiety through food?
With nourishing and comforting recipes that will boost your energy!
This delicious smoothie has the perfect mood-boosting combination of natural ingredients and superfoods to give you a great start of a day.
When in doubt… check the main ingredients in this smoothie and its super healing and energizing powers:
- Berries – loaded with antioxidants – which have the healing power to repair damaged molecules.
- Bananas – serious mood-lifting food, with their combination of vitamins B6, A, and C as well as fibre, tryptophan, potassium, phosphorous, iron and healthy carbohydrates.
- Chia Seeds – “The Superfood” – deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories… They are loaded with fibre, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients. They also reduce food cravings, help you stay hydrated, and help lower blood pressure.
- Spirulina – a beautiful powdered algae! It is a source of protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals. Eating five grams (a teaspoon) of spirulina provides about 230 percent of the Recommended Daily Allowances of vitamin A and beta carotene, 150 percent of the RDAs of vitamin D and vitamin B12, and 125 percent of the RDA of vitamin K.
Investing in clean simple ingredients and getting organic foods is a great way to start healing and nourishing your body.
Ready to try this gorgeous healthy smoothie that is also perfect as a post-workout snack?
- 2 ripe frozen bananas
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups non-dairy milk
- handful of frozen blueberries
- handful of frozen cherries (if available)
- t teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder
- In a blender, mix all ingredients and serve. Makes two smoothies (or smoothie bowls)
- Serve with some more frozen organic fruit and some seeds or coconut flakes.
- Make sure not to consume more than the recommended dose of spirulina as in excess may cause some digestive discomfort.