Mango yogurt – What’s not to like?
“Lassi” is a popular traditional yogurt-based drink from the Indian Subcontinent. It is a blend of yogurt, water, spices and fruit.
This dairy-free, mango “Lassi” is nothing more than a smooth, silky sort of fruit yogurt than goes perfectly either as breakfast, snack or a healthy desert. Perfect, hum? And it only takes less than 15 minutes to make… Is super fresh and creamy and works perfect either as breakfast or as a dessert…
Just be creative and add your favourite toppings.
In this recipe I used ripe mangoes but feel free to use any other fruit – bananas, figs and pineapple also work well. Just have fun with the ingredients you chose.
Healthy, fresh, silky and sweet and so easy to make. Enjoy!
- 170 grs of coconut yogurt
- 2 small ripe mangoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp. of Maple syrup
- Juice of half a lime or lemon
- 1 tsp of chia seeds or pine nuts
- Fresh mint leaves
- Some lime zest
- Just pour all the ingredients in a blender and blend them until they get really creamy – like a mousse. Add some more milk if needed until you get the perfect smoothness.
- Taste and adjust and add a splash of lime juice – mix it all up once more. Pour the mixture into 2 or 3 bowls (or yogurt containers) refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Once you are ready to eat them just add your favorite toppings and voila.
- Did you know?
- Likewise in almonds, pines too are an excellent source of vitamin E. Vitamin E is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant, required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals. So if it’s good for my skin and also great for my hair … I love it!
- Also, pines are one of gluten free tree nuts, and therefore, are a popular ingredient in the preparation of gluten-free food recipes. These can be a healthy alternative to people with wheat food allergy, and celiac disease.
- Gluten-free = Great!