Do you have a “go-to” sauce that never goes wrong and that is perfect with soups, pasta dishes, snacks, wraps, etc?
There you go… this one is the perfect #dairy-free option:
There is nothing quite like the taste of a freshy made pesto. It adds creaminess and texture to any dish. You can make it thicker/creamier or thinner… depending on what you want it for. And everyone loves the flavour it adds to soups and pasta dishes. As a suggestion you can try it on this recipe of butternut squash coconut spaghetti
Also, if you have a family member that doesn’t like vegetables, try steaming broccoli or cauliflower and then topping it with this pesto. I am sure you will convert them into a veggie lover! 😉
Oh… And it also works well as a green dip with carrots or any other veggies (and I guess we can call it raw pâté)!
There is nothing easier and quicker to make than a pesto – it requires no prep and no cooking – you just have to mix all the ingredients in a food processor… and voila! Pesto done!
There are many variations and you can always adapt the traditional basil/pine nuts recipe to your liking. However, this mint/cashew combination is by far my favourite one, hence sharing it with you… It is super creamy, fresh and a little cheesy … Just perfect! Hope you’ll like it 🙂
- 2 cups fresh mint (steams removed)
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or flax oil
- juice of half lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ to 1 tsp salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast (to add the cheesy taste)
- Pine nuts (optional)
- 1. Put all ingredients in a food processor.
- 2. Blend on high until desired paste consistency is reached… If you like it thinner add more lemon juice.
- 3. Store in airtight glass jar in fridge.