Who said that a plant-based dish can’t look gourmet and refined??
Well… There’s no harm in trying…
This was my first creation when I began my “plant-based” diet journey… I tried different combinations of “pesto” but this was definitely my favourite one…
I usually tend spiralize courgettes and had never tried spiralizing squash. And what a brilliant idea! Squash is low in fat, delivers an ample dose of dietary fibre, making it an exceptionally heart-friendly choice. It provides significant amounts of potassium and vitamin B6, essential for the proper functioning of both the nervous and immune systems. So what’s not to like? It’s mouth-watering and flavourful and so much better than normal wheat pasta and only has 345 calories per serving. So why not give it a try?
And if you want to present it in a nicer fashion (and impress your friends with your extraordinary kitchen skills) just assemble your dish in one of those mini round cake pans – I used a 12cm one (4 inches).
It is so easy and yummy (and even looks good)… So… Come on…Don’t be shy. Give it a try and let me know how it went by posting your photos with the tag #comidamor on Instagram.
- - 300g organic butternut squash spaghetti
- - 200g sliced organic chestnut mushrooms
- - 2 cloves garlic minced
- - 1 Tbsp. good olive oil
- - 2 Tbsp. of organic tomato sauce
- - 80ml of low fat coconut cream (half a can)
- - 1 cup of fresh mint leafs
- - 1 cup of fresh wild rocket
- - 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- - Juice of 1 lime
- - Salt & Pepper
- - 10 almonds
- - Roasted pumpkin seeds
- - Basil leafs
- - Firstly start by spiralizing the squash.
- - Then chop garlic and add it to a hot pan with olive oil. Let it cook for 1 or 2 minutes on low heat and then add sliced mushrooms plus tomato sauce. 2 minutes later add coconut cream. Once boiled add squash spaghetti – let it cook on low heat for a couple of minutes until the coconut cream evaporates.
- - In the meantime for the pesto, mix all the ingredients in a food processor and then add it to the top of the spaghetti with some roasted pumpkin seeds and basil leafs.
- - Serve hot and enjoy !