A wise man (or a woman – who knows?) once said that “the healthiest meals come in bowls”. Should I also add that not just the healthiest but the most delicious ones as well?
And what’s the tastiest and easiest way to up your fruit and daily veggie intake? Blend, baby, keep blending! End of story! There is nothing as nourishing as a smoothie bowl… No matter if is Winter or Summer. Nothing fills you up and makes you feel as amazing as a beautiful and rich smoothie bowl.
Smoothie bowls are what they sound like, but they’re even better. You can create pretty much any combination of with the fruits and veggies you like and then top it with your favourite cereal or nuts (or more fruits and more veggies) – what a powerful combo!!! 😊
Smoothie bowls are much more satisfying than a regular smoothie because you actually have time to enjoy it – you don’t just drink it down in 10 seconds. You seat down, you relax and you enjoy it in its full potential and flavour.
This is the one of the best bowls ever and I am dying to share it with you. I usually prep it on Sundays and leave it in individual freezing bags for several days of the week, and in the morning you just have to add vegetable milk and blendddddd!
And can easily be prepped ahead of a busy morning.
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- ¼ avocado
- 3 Brazil nuts
- 1 frozen banana
- Juice of ½ lemon
- a handful of mint leaves
- 1 tbsp. spirulina powder (optional but it totally makes the difference in this smoothie)
- 2 tbsp. of homemade LSA (see note)
- 1 tbsp. maple or agave syrup
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon powder
- 120 ml ice cubes
- 120 ml coconut water
- - Chopped brazil nuts, cashew butter, sesame seeds and physillium husk
- - 1 tsp turmeric
- Process all the ingredients in a blender until thick and smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with Brazil nuts, cashew butter, sesame seeds and a sprinkle of psyllium husk and turmeric.
- 1 1/2 cups raw flax seeds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- Grind the flax seeds until the texture of a fine meal.
- Throw the sunflower seeds and almonds into a food processor and pulse until the consistency of a fine meal. Add in the flax meal, and pulse again until evenly combined.
- Transfer to a sealed glass container, and store in the fridge for up to 3 months.